Photo Album Server
[Optional] You should have apache, mysql and php installed already. If you don't have these installed please install them.
apt-get update apt-get install apache2 apt-get install mysql-server apt-get install php5 apt-get install php5-mysql
- Let's start.
- Install gallery software
apt-get update apt-get install gallery2
- Provide root password for the database.
- Done with install.
- Now you need to enable gallery2 in your apache2 configuration.
- Uncomment the following line in /etc/apache2/conf.d/gallery
Alias /gallery2 /usr/share/gallery2
*Now restart or start your apache server/
Now visit http://localhost/gallery2 and you should see your gallery 2 configuration page.
- Start the instalation
- Then they ask you to copy or create login.txt in /usr/share/gallery2. Download the login.txt and copy it into that folder
cp /home/lucas/Desktop/login.txt /usr/share/gallery2/
- Follow to the next step and next ....
Pick a standard installation
- Now choose a folder where you are going to store the pictures, movies etc.
mkdir /usr/share/gallery2/g2data chmod 755 /usr/share/gallery2/g2data chown www-data:www-data /usr/share/gallery2/g2data
- First one creates a folder, second makes it user writable, 3rd changes the owner to web server.
- Provide password for the database