aptitude update aptitude install ocsinventory-server aptitude install ocsinventory-reports aptitude install ocsinventory-agent
- During the server installation you will be asked to setup the database. Do that.
When done installing you need to go to a php install script, go to http://localhost/ocsreports/install.php
- This will ask you for a user name and password (admin:admin).
- [Optional] If for some reason you are asked for an apache username and pass and you are not getting through there is a workaround you can use. Edit:
admin:* to admin:
When web interface installation is successful you should be done. Visit for http://localhost/ocsreports/.
ocsinventory-agent --server localhost or ocsinventory-agent --server https://server_inventory_machine_name/ocsinventory
Run agent in a debug mode
ocsinventory-agent --server https://server_inventory_machine_name/ocsinventory --debug
OCSInventory.exe /server:server_inventory_machine_name /debug
You should have at least one machine in your inventory http://localhost/ocsreports/ :
- Now you can install ocsinventory agent on all linux machines and windows machines.
- If you are running a domain you can release a "login script" that will load inventory agent on each computer and run it.