converted to 1.6 markup
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Chicago IL. 60630
IL. 60016 / 773-xxx-xx57 / Email: SZYBALSKI@GMAIL.COM
|Line 9:||Line 8:|
'''V.P. of IT - Unique Insurance Managers.''' 1/2018 - Present
Launched 3 new Personal Auto states, xxM in Written Premium. Managed development, strategy, analytics, feature specs including IVS systems, Chat Portals, Quoting Portals,Submit Claims Online, automation scripts, cloud based phone system, etc
(Python,Linux,MSSQL,Stored Proc,Tableau,Amazon Connect,Pyramid,AWS)
|Line 15:||Line 23:|
Lucas(Lukasz) Szybalski IL. 60016 / 773-xxx-xx57 / Email: SZYBALSKI@GMAIL.COM
V.P. of IT - Unique Insurance Managers. 1/2018 - Present
Launched 3 new Personal Auto states, xxM in Written Premium. Managed development, strategy, analytics, feature specs including IVS systems, Chat Portals, Quoting Portals,Submit Claims Online, automation scripts, cloud based phone system, etc (Python,Linux,MSSQL,Stored Proc,Tableau,Amazon Connect,Pyramid,AWS)
EDUCATION: B.S., Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, May 2006, 2001– 2006 B.A., Economics, University of Illinois at Chicago, May 2006, 2001– 2006
Fields Of Specialization
FIELDS OF SPECIALIZATION: Computer Programming and Computer Systems Data Analysis and Conversions Econometrics, and Business Rules Programming.
Technical and Analytical Summery
Technical and Analytical Summery: Operating Systems:, UNIX, Linux, MS-Windows, Netware System Programming: C, C++, Python, Some Java, Clarion Data Formats/Software Tools: MySQL, CSV, XTML, XML, TXT, CSS, SQL, PHP, Apache, etc. Business Programming: Python, R (S+),C/C++, Clarion, B34S,SPSS,SAS,etc. Analytical Skills: OLS, AR,MA,ARMA,ARIMA, GLS, Time Series Analysis, Excel/Access conversions, etc.
Technical Programs: -Insurance Website Quote System (Python). Website that collects information about drivers, cars, coverage choices and based on underwriting rules gives out a quote to a user. - Insurance Claims Management System (Clarion). Build Claims management system based upon interviews with management and through analysis of the business process. -Spamalot. (Python) Artificial intelligence email program which initiate, receives, analysis, and responds with certain individuals via email. -Universal Information Crawler. (Python) Program that collects, saves, and analyzes web site links. Calculates page rank and builds a simplified but fast search engine page ranking system. (GPL) http://uicrwaler.sourceforge.net -Automotive Recall Database: Using Illinois recall database to display automotive recalls by year,make,model. Using python scripting pages , mysql, and python to transform data from zipped file to web based content. http://www.lucasmanual.com/recall/
Analytical Programs: -Convert one storage format of a insurance policy into sql based format. -Traffic analyzer. (R) Program that predicts accident on the Chicago Interstate highways. Cleans the sample from outliers, assign the features of the data, make a decision tree of probable event happening. Sorts 13,000 data points in all directions into the per direction per highway data. -Seasonality Analysis: Predicting the effects of seasonality of housing market on demand and supply in real estate sales. Data sample of 130,000 data points consists of Chicago housing market between 1990 and 2000. -Cost containment: Using OLS model to analyze growth strategies, predict personal consumption, and short-term interstate rates in US market.
Business Skills -Insurance Business System Analysis. Gather and analyze business process, create technical requirements, meet with all levels of management/user groups, provide scalability and technical knowledge. -Real Estate Analysis. Building investment, calculating net operating income and best alternatives for investing money, using rental floor area, usable area, current cost of investment and future prediction on a sale and total revenue. -Automotive Analysis. Working with team of three to create features and using them create performance matrix which will predict an under or an overvalue in a product.
POSITIONS HELD: 01/2007- present Business Application Programmer; Web Designer, Developing, analyzing and fulfilling business requirements. Provide user management, security, reporting, sql base, multi state support capabilities within the software. Other responsibilities include implementing fax servers, building dynamic website, online policy applications conversions, meeting states requirements. 01/2006- 01/2007 Management Information Systems Consultant, Managing entire MIS department (client-server) of Windows/Novell/Linux with 100+ Windows clients. Design client-server database tracking system of Fox pro and web based application. Developing various online and system programs using PYTHON, PHP, SQL, HTML. 05/2005- 05/2006 Programmer, Artificial Intelligence Lab, University of Illinois at Chicago Writing a python program called Spamalot. “Spamalot: Toolkit for consuming spammers' Resources”, Third Conference on Email and Anti-Spam, CEAS July 2006 http://www.ceas.cc/2006/list.html 05/2005- 01/2006 Webmaster, Chicago Internet Project, UIC Maintaining and improving functionality of HTML and CGI website. Building a relational database in MySQL. 01/2005- 01/2006 Volunteer Webmaster, Association for Computing Machinery at UIC Created a New Web page written in PHP. Lead a team of four to implement: CSS, Subscription, Calendar, RSS, Webmail.
Python Language Experience
- Online Insurance Quote System. Build with Turbogears with the following components: Form Widgets, MySQL, SQLAlchemy. This was a data entry system in which users would enter information into the forms. Forms would get validated and sent to a database. At a final step a series of calculations would be performed based on the underwriting rules and at a final point premium would be displayed.
- Spamalot. Artificial intelligence email program which initiate, receives, analysis, and responds to certain individuals via email. This program would listen for an email to be delivered to its mailbox. Upon it delivery it would parse it, save its parts to a database, and replied to the email withing few hours with a reply.
- Universal Information Crawler. Program that collects, saves, and analyzes web site links. Calculates page rank and builds a simplified but fast search engine page ranking system. (GPL) UICrawler goes out to the internet and collects the first page. Upon reading the page it will follow all the links it finds on the website. It will collect these pages, analyze the links and collect subsequent pages.
Automotive Recall Database. I have used Automotive recall database from the National Highway Safety Administration to display automotive recalls by year,make,model on a website (60MB of data). Using Turbogears, mysql, and python to transform data from zipped file to web based content. <http://www.lucasmanual.com/recall/> Initially used mod_python, then converted the app into TurboGears.
Vehicle Information Number Checker. I wrote a simple Vehicle information number checker which checks the check digit in a vin number, as defined by the vehicle information number standard. <http://www.lucasmanual.com/vin/> 1.Highway data analysis: I have used python to convert Highway sensor data to a format that would be read by “R” statistical program. At the point data was converted to a format I needed the R program would analysis the traffic patterns based on density, time, mass at which point it would try to predict the accident sites.
- Data conversion. I have written few python programs that convert various csv files to a common format. I have used these programs to merge two different databases with few common columns. It also been used to do small data quality improvements by scanning for similar rows and removing the duplicates. Some other conversion include: csv to mysql, tps to mysql, csv to tps, db2 to csv, csv to db2, etc
I have managed servers in on various operating systems. I have experience with Novell, Windows: 98,2000, 2003; Linux: Debian, Ubuntu, some fedora core and RedHat, SuSE.
- I have configured fax hardware. I have replaced 5 separate fax machines and substituted it with one fax server. It enabled browsing of all faxes online, having a log of incoming faxes and where they came from. It allowed people to fax from their pc. Around 500 incoming faxes a day, and 50 outgoing.
- Fastest way to contact me is via email, listed on top.