- Steps you need before you can successfully access your website through this process.
- Register Your domain.
- Sign up for free dns hosting at dnspark.com.
- Create a dynamic user for your domain at dnspark.com
- At your domain provider update the dns settings on your domain to point to dnspark ip addresses.
- You are ready to go online.
- This program will connect to dnspark.com and update your ip.
Download flashdns from http://lucasmanual.com/debian/flashdns13f.zip
Extract it to some folder. Example:/home/lucas/dns/
- Edit flashdns2.py and inside change following fields
ipt_zone input your domain name
opt_username input your username for dynamic ip
opt_password input your password
- Run the program in the following way
- Set up program to run every 30 minutes.
- Edit crontab:
- And inside it write this line. This tells it to run every 30 minutes every hour of every day.
*/30 * * * * python /home/lucas/dns/flashdns2.py
- You should be getting emails with failure or success, every 30 minutes.
- After few days when you know everything is working fine. Edit the crontab and change the the line to something like this:
*/30 * * * * python /home/lucas/dns/flashdns2.py > /dev/null 2>&1
- You are done. Your website should be accessible via your url and it will be automatically updated.
- Possible errors:
If it cannot find ip.log replace fp.open('ip.log') with full path fp.open('/home/lucas/dns/ip.log')
- If it does not update
- In cront tab do
*/30 * * * * echo > /home/lucas/dns/zonelist.log */30 * * * * python /home/lucas/dns/flashdns2.py > /dev/null 2>&1